Friday, 27 March 2009

Killing Plants

I love this:

If you are not killing plants, you are not really stretching yourself as a gardener.

-- J. C. Raulston, American horticulturist


But, then again, maybe it simply doesn't take much to stretch me!

2 comments:

  1. I must be really flexible.

    These days though the seeds seem to be germinating and growing. Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year our garden, such as it was, did well. I think it's actually houseplants that give me the most trouble, and someone once told me that I shouldn't worry about it, growing plants indoors was contrary to what God intended for the plants, so no wonder it didn't work too well!

    It seems kind of sad, though, since my mom had an abundance of houseplants and a vegetable garden that enabled her to put up produce.

    I have to remember not to guilt myself over this stuff - maybe that's why the quotation in the post was so significant to me: it gave me a whole new perspective!

    Can't wait to see your garden, too, dear friend. Maybe some of the seeds you gave me will see a new life this summer here in my garden.

    ReplyDelete