So, what with a three hour time change, no routines for 6 weeks, and no school to act as our skeleton for daily scheduling, we've been floundering.
Today I decided that we couldn't go on this way and have been working at putting together a summer schedule. I know it's going to change. I know it isn't going to work every day. But it WILL keep me and The Ones I Love from wanting to fling each other out of windows (mostly).
I'm going to use our food times as anchors: breakfast, lunch, supper, and snacks. And then, following each food time we will have a task to do that involves everyone, since everyone is already gathered. It might be a school job (history read aloud or literature). It might be a house chore. We'll see. But after the everyone task is done, then reading time or play time (indoor or out, as the case suits) will be offered until the next together time.
Oh. One more thing. NOBODY will leave the kitchen after food times until all the kitchen clean-up is done. NOBODY!
...
So, do you think it'll work? Time will tell. But at least I have a plan, and that's half the battle as far as I'm concerned.
No comments:
Post a Comment