Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Gifts Like These

Gifts like these deserve to be remembered, shared, and most of all recognized. Thanks to the Giver for:

994. Insight to diffuse situations.
995. Time to catch up.
996. Truth pointed out in so many places.


997. You are not a God separate from Your creation.
998. I cannot consume You, cannot make there be less of You available for others.
999. In my bag: spoken words rediscovered.

1000. In my fridge: food for 20 ready to serve.
1001. In my heart: availability for interruptions.

1002. Reading: The Word
1003. Making: slow progress in respect, but still progress.
1004. Seeing: breakfast left on a boy's cheeks.
1005. Time given for transformation
1006. Arms around my neck.
1007. Kind words from 10,000 km away.
1008. Help with phone calls.
1009. Morning light and bird songs.


1010. "I look like you."
1011. Darkness falling as three sit, feet in the pool, heads bowed in prayer.
1012. Twenty-seven (or more?) years of written prayers, a corral for my thoughts.
1013. A little girl at a gate - more (not new really, but new to us) neighbours to meet.
1014. Sweaty boy-body, unable to sleep, sitting next to me looking at photos of Munich's Glockenspiel.
1015. Community-revealed truths.
1016. You tie everything together.
1017. Leftover smoothies turned to slushies.
1018. ONE cool room in the house.
1019. Time taken for reconciliation.
1020. The first things on the page: Praise and Thanksgiving.

: :

(I know this says 'Mondays', but I do mine whenever...)

No comments:

Post a Comment