I sit at the dining table, officiating at Dictation with My Girl, as the little boys play in the basement playroom.
A little voice drifts up the stairs, a touch of the imperative in the tone:
"Mom, can you come here?"
I sigh (yes, I admit it) and return the call:
"What do you need?" (Did I manage to keep the impatience out of my voice?)
"You."
A simple reply. It melts my heart. How could anyone say no to that request? He doesn't need something. He needs someone. He needs ME.
So I go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Ann Kroeker initiated Mega Memory Month last fall, and I jumped in with both feet. So when it returned for January, I was ready to try to m...
-
We are living in a different land now, and so much is new that sometimes it's hard to know where to start with the discovering. So ...
-
These words are going through my head all the time. Whenever I have a moment that I'm not thinking about anything, it seems that my brai...
Awwwwww...those days will soon be gone. I'm so glad you went! :)
ReplyDelete