For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into the his vineyard.and I will pay you whatever is right."
About the third hour he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, "you also go and work in my vineyard," he told them, "
So they went.
He went out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did the same thing. About the eleventh hour he went out and saw found still others standing around. He asked them, "Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?"
"Because no one has hired us," they answered.
He said to them, "You also go and work in my vineyard."
When evening came the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, "Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first."
The men who had been hired last workers who were hired at the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius. So when the men those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. "Those These men who were hired last worked only one hour," they said, "and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day."
But he answered one of them, "Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn't you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?"
So the last will be first, and the first will be last.
Matthew
20:1-16
I'm making progress, but there are still some parts that I'm unsure of, even when I get them right. I need to read it over and over and over the correct way - silently, aloud - so that the words are pressed onto my heart and mind. It's still amazing to me how well the children are doing with memorizing the parable, especially when Little Man can't see the words for himself but is only going by what he hears when we read it. We'll keep on keeping on!
See the Mega Memory Month posts for inspiration, challenge, and tips.
Thanks for stopping by my place, Jennifer.:)
ReplyDeleteThe KJV seems easier for me to memorize somehow... maybe it's that poetic style. I looked at some of the more 'modern' versions, and they just didn't work for me.
You're doing great with the contemporary version, though. Go, Jen, go!
Blessings.
I am totally impressed with everyone's memory work. It is inspiring and amazing and glory be to God! Keep it up!!!
ReplyDelete